Thursday 26 April 2012

Zombies!

In a fit of procrastinating over delving back into the Zulu horde I found a pack of Wargames Factory Zombies at the back of the vanishing cabinet.  I had previously built another pack of these and been rather dissapointed with them, largely because of the rather poorly sculpted heads/faces.  So this time, whilst a little bit tipsy I decided to try to improve them using various heads and a few other pieces that I had lying around.  The bulk of the pieces are left over from various Mantic Zombies that I've built, painted and subsequently sold on.  It's left me a lot happier with the miniatures, even if I have stuffed up some of the necks!  I decided to use a more dried out looking grass than normal for the bases.  I'm not entirely sure why the zombie apocalypse would cause all the grass to die, I think it is more that I am getting a little bored of my standard mix!  Anyway I wouldn't want to run into these guys on a dark night.  Or a bright day come to think of it!







4 comments:

  1. Oh I say what a fabulously ghoulish bunch they are! I picked up some Mantic Zeds the other day and will certainly be popping back here for a gander at the inspirational colour schemes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work sir, you have done sterling work their.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say Mr Modest they look great, okay decaying. I know what you mean about the lack of face on the wargames factory's zeds but they do paint up well. Those mantic ones do look the biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you chaps. After a superlative evening in the mess I can only suspect that I shall be looking like these chaps in a few hours . . . .. .

    ReplyDelete